Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sudden tearfulness



Sudden weepiness, tearfulness, crying at commercials – all for no apparent reason is a common complaint amongst those suffering with Lyme disease. Why does this occur?

It is easy to find lengthy symptom lists for: Lyme disease, confections, Babesia, Bartonella, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, gluten sensitivity, adrenal fatigue and other overlapping conditions.
Many symptoms on the various lists are repeated over and over frequently leading to more confusion.
It is not possible to diagnose a coinfection based on a single symptom.


However, some symptoms – particularly when seen in constellations along with other symptoms, may be fairly specific for a particular coinfection syndrome. 

Sudden unexpected tearfulness seems to fall within this category.


Babesia?


Classic symptoms are night sweats, air hunger, recurring flulike symptoms, low grade fevers, chills, dry cough, headaches, muscle pain and depression.

I think weepiness can be added to this basic symptom list. 

I have found a striking correlation between this symptom and Babesiosis. 

With treatment, Babesia symptoms can appear and disappear in any order. Usually tearfulness resolves more quickly than other symptoms. Air hunger can remain after the disappearance of night sweats or vice-e-versa. 

Some symptoms are easy to explain. Babesia is a blood parasite, similar to Malaria, it causes periodic rupture of red blood cells leading to a specific inflammatory response hence we see constitutional symptoms like flulike symptoms and night sweats.  Air hunger may be the result of pulmonary inflammation suggested by a mouse model with B. duncani but not B. microti. Usually we makes lists of symptoms without trying to understanding why they occur. I like to try to find explanations. These explanations are speculative.

There is an anatomic center in the brain responsible for rapid changes in emotional responses. How this center is affected is unknown. Interestingly, emotional lability and tearfulness may be seen in patients with a history of traumatic brain injury, pseudobulbar palsy and certain stroke syndromes. Why Babesia causes this reaction is unknown.

Other cerebral parasites may affect the brain in strange, unexpected ways.  Infection with toxoplasmosis is considered benign, without consequences, but patient so infected have a higher incidence of car accidents and suicide per published studies. 

It may be worthwhile to pay attention to this, perhaps, specific symptom: sudden crying for no good reason.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You hit the nail on the head, I normally am not prone to crying and since I have become ill with lyme and babesia I will have weeks where I start crying and cannot stop and have no real reason to be crying.

attilathemathteacher said...

Before effective treatment, sudden bursts of anger, throwing things, profanity. It has taken years of 300 mg/day doxy maintenance dose, after a period of 600 mg/day for as long as I could stand it, to get back to my pre-lyme so laid back I am practically comatose condition. I am new to this venue. Is it possible to consult you? I am outside Baltimore but retired, and so other than torturing algebra students I have a bit of spare time.

Pearl said...

Thanks for this post. I've had some recent surprising incidents of tearfulness, and I wondered why I was so emotional. I've had some other of my less common Babesia symptoms (bad dreams, bloating, upset stomach, depression) pop up now and then over the same few weeks, so this helps me understand it all better.

My air hunger never fully went away, but it's a fraction of what it used to be, so I know the Babesia is still there. After two years of treatment, I stopped prescription meds and felt my air hunger get worse within a week.

I've tested "negative" on a "Malaria/Babesia" test, a b. microti antibody test, and an IGeneX FISH test. I'm guessing I have b. duncani. Would be nice to have a positive lab result of some kind for all the doubters out there.

John kim said...

How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.